I thought this would heal and whole me
But cracked me open instead
Unlike I had hoped
Exposed and left raw to myself
A view I didn’t want to see
There nonetheless
Turning inside
Rolling in the roiling
Up for air, down for breath
The sonorous drum still echoing deep
Silence… silent please
Floating still, and quiet, and watching the turbid clear
Not so frightened
Beginning to see

I had a very interesting experience as I read this. With each subsequent line I wanted my eyes and self to scramble up to the one above since I could feel the tempest building and wanted to escape it. Even though the line above was not a picnic in any way I had lived through it and knew I could survive it.
ReplyDeleteThat is where I am. That is where many are. Fear to commit to the internal process since we know that it may get worse before it gets better. We remain stagnate at a locus that offers no joy or serenity.
When you wrote "watching the turbid clear", I heard/saw water dripping off of stalactites and falling into deep blue pools.
wow Julie . i loved your blog ,I would love to chat with you please . I have something very important to tell you and I can't contact you due to lack of info after you moved
ReplyDeleteCristian 208-841-5386